“I have infected with Citadel Trojan virus and want to get if off from my computer permanently. I have tried all I can do but it still here. I am desperate and I nee” One user told me the unhappy experience several days before. To help you get rid of the virus completely, step-by-step manual removal guides(recommended for computer technicians only) are included here.
Citadel Trojan is categorized as a nasty Trojan infection that thousands of computer users have been infected with lately. I can understand how upset you are once picked up this annoying pest. Almost all the viruses have the same ability of self-reproducing. So if you are unfortunate to encounter with this infection, calm down and remove it as soon as possible. Maybe you haven’t realized that Citadel Trojan is one of the most notorious Trojan virus. Once it’s installed, all the anti-virus are disable by the codes the attacker have inserted. Through this, the Trojan can escape from being removed and hide in your system all the way. Every minute it stays, it continue changing the codes to protect itself, collect your personal information and download more malicious virus such as fake anti-virus or browser hijacker virus. Are you confused about how can you get this malware? I can tell you several most possible reasons. First, the questionable links. Second, the spam attachments. Third, free or shared software resources downloaded address. Besides all these, there are still other reasons. As there isn’t any program can delete the infection permanently, you have to do it manually so that the virus won’t come back again.
Several manual removal steps are given as below. But if you’re not sure what to do to delete this nasty Citadel Trojan virus, you are also welcome to contact YooCare Online Expert now and have them saved your computer in time.
1) System runs slowly and freezes every now and then, sometimes it will keep restarting automatically.
2) Disable all the security programs and windows registry is modified to protect the virus itself.
3) Windows with fake security warnings or ads pops up constantly.
4) Browser activities are redirected to certain website you don’t want to.
5) Consumes the PC resources unconsciously.
In case that any mistake might occur and cause unpredictable damages, please spend some time on making a backup beforehand. Then follow these steps given as below:
1. Restart the infected computer and keep pressing F8 key to log in with Safe Mode with Networking;
2. Open Control Panel from Start menu and go to Folder Options;
3. Under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended);
4. Press Windows+R keys to open the Run window and then type in regedit to open Registry Editor;
5. Find out and delete all these associating files as below:
%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\[random]
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\. (Citadel Trojan)
6. Find out and remove all these associating registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon [Citadel Trojan]
7. Restart the computer to normal mode when the above steps are done.
As mentioned above, Citadel Trojan virus is one family member of Trojan. There are various kinds of Trojan infections out there on the Internet. It acts almost the same. However, the attackers will modify the codes to improve the function of the malware so that it can protect itself from anti-virus. Also it has the ability to open backdoor to the attacker which is very dangerous to users vital information. To keep your computer safe, you’d better remove the virus immediately. And remember to update your anti-virus so that it can detect the virus, this will help you get the information as soon as you get infected. In a word, this kind of virus is just like a ticking boom. Any delay, it may cause unpredictable damage. Don’t hesitate.
Please Note: If you still cannot get rid of this nasty Citadel Trojan infection successfully by the above instructions, which may be too complicated to follow, you are welcome to contact YooCare 24/7 Online Expert anytime you are available. YooCare will help you with any kind of PC problems.
Published by Deb Mirren & last updated on April 15, 2013 1:26 pm