Hi, there. I got a pop-up on my computer as soon as I booted my computer this morning, saying to call 888-414-4284. I was confused why I have to call this number. It was said that ‘TECH SOLUTION LLC’ suggested me to call that number so as to activate my OS license code something like this…It was so weird. I knew nothing about that. Should I call?
“Your product key should be in an email from whoever sold or distributed Windows to you or on the box the Windows USB came in.
The product key looks similar to this:
PRODUCT KEY: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
[text box for the key]
Microsoft Technician Helpline +1-888-414-4284”
‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups has been classified as a malicious fake alert which is newly created computer infection. Once this fake alert hacked your computer, on its pop-up window, you may see information saying that you are recommended by ‘TECH SOLUTION LLC’ to call 888-414-4284 and activate your OS license code. That is because you might have installed a program called ‘Windows Games TSS’ that is marked as rogue software on your computer. It is said that if you call that given number then you may get a code to activate the installed game on your computer. On the fake alert windows, you may see information saying that ‘TECH SOLUTION LLC’ is a genuine tech support company that can help you fix your computer problem quickly if you call that number. However, if you did call that number, it indicates that you are falling into cyber-criminals’ trap.
Everything stated on ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups is fake message. Windows Games TSS is not published by Microsoft Corp. or reliable developers. This fake software is used to show fake ‘Enter A Product Key’ pop-ups on your infected computer with a tech support number: 888-414-4284 as its title. E.g. when you are guided to call that fake tech support number, you may see fake alert pop-up displaying on your computer screen with words of ‘Your Windows Is Not Activated’ and ‘Activate Windows Now.’ All the information is fake and rogue. There is nothing wrong with your computer. No matter what, you should ignore the information on ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups. Please do not call the given number! What you have to is to remove this pop-up and uninstalled Windows Games TSS from your infection computer as soon as you can.
‘888-414-4284’ Popup is harmful to your computer safety. If you see this alert on your computer, you must get adware or browser hijacker on your computer. The message can block you from doing anything on the PC and sometimes it freezes your Internet preventing you from browsing online. It keeps displaying numerous fake security messages to interrupt your activity on the computer. Also it may install additional spyware to your computer without your permission to increase the risk of your computer. Don’t call the toll free number because it won’t connect you to a real ‘Microsoft’ tech but to the hackers. It can violate your privacy and compromise your security. Users are suggested to ignore ‘888-414-4284’ Popup message and get rid of the virus as soon as possible.
1. Since you cannot gain access to the infected computer under regular mode because of this fake message, please restart the computer and put it in Safe mode with Networking first. Here’s the guide: Restart the computer upon the locking screen and start hitting F8 key repeatedly when PC is booting up again; if successfully, Safe mode options will show up on the screen for you to select. Please use arrow keys to highlight Safe mode with Networking option and hit enter key. System will be loading files into this mode afterward.
2. Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. Go to Folder Options window, under View tab, tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
3. Under Safe mode with Networking, please hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) keys together to pull up Windows Task Manager; go to Processes tab on top and scroll down the list to find processes associated with “Warning! Infected file detected” alert and click End process.
4. Open Registry Editor by pressing Windows+R keys and pull up Run box and searching for regedit.
5. Find out and delete files and registry entries as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegistryTools” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
6. Restart computer back to Regular mode and check out if the warning page still shows up again.
‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups is a fake alert virus which is made by malicious cyber hackers with the purpose of tricking computer users into calling the given number so that they can make a profit. How did you get this fake pop-up alert on your computer? In most cases, you got this virus on your computer because you may have installed the ‘Windows Games TSS’ app from an ad believing that you were going to receive free games by Microsoft for testing purposes. However, the ‘Windows Games TSS’ program is not a good program, nor a genuine computer games. Once it installed on your computer, it may run on your system automatically and then send you that fake pop-up alert. You should keep in mind that Microsoft is not operating the 888-414-4284 phone line. So, it is impossible that you can expect to converse with certified technicians on 888-414-4284. In one word, as soon as you see ‘888-414-4284’ Pop-Ups displaying on your computer screen, please do not call that number; please do not hesitate to take action to get rid of it as quickly as you can. Antivirus program can’t remove this rogue pop-up from the compromised computer clearly. Only manual removal can make this difficult job done perfectly and permanently. If you don’t know any legit tech support, please turn to YooCare Online Expert for further help. YooCare Expert is 24/7 hours available for you.
Note: Manual removal is a skillful and risky job, if any mistakes are made in the process, you may damage your computer immediately. If you are not sure how to do, please contact YooCare PC experts 24/7 online for help right now.
Published by & last updated on August 17, 2016 3:40 pm