Hey, there! Have you gotten a pop-up message which is asking you to download a program named DownQuick? Does this program really work as it said? What will this fake adware do on my computer if I did download it by mistake? How to uninstall this adware from my operating system completely? Why can’t the security tool delete it permanently from my computer? What should I do now? Please, help!
DowQuick has been classified as a member of the risky adware that would like to attack millions of computer users. It is designed by cyber criminals who use this rogue program to invade the most popular Internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, etc, and then conduct their evil purposes on the infected computer. In fact, this program doesn’t do the things as it has promised. Although this Adware is labelled as an advertising platform, it is usually used to trick the innocent computer users. Its pop-ups and advertisements may attempt to hoax you and then guide you to install some potentially unnecessary programs or even redirect you to some unsafe websites. Then you should not visit these dubious sites. Or you maybe get infected by other infections. You should pay more attention to this malicious rogue program. Once it invades your computer, you should take measures to remove it from your computer without any delay.
Do you confuse about how this rogue program can installed in your computer secretly? DowQuick adware usually sneaks into your operating system while you are visiting suspicious websites, downloading free programs, opening spam emails or its attachments, and so on. Due to your careless online behaviors, this malicious adware gets the chance to dive into your computer secretly. Once this program invades your computer, it will generate lots of pop-up boxes, advertisements and sponsored links when you are surfing the Internet. What it will do first is that to install automatically into the root directory of your computer and self boot some unwanted process in the background of your system. What’s more, it will slow down your computer performance and even make it sluggish. It can produce vicious files; mess up your registry; occur blue screen error which is making your system become dead. How a dangerous virus it is! Thus, it is highly recommended to remove the DownQuick virus as soon as you can. Manual removal is suggested to clean away this virus from your computer as it is the most effective way.
*Virus activity detected.
This is spyware that attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook and other programs. Click here to remove it immediately with DownQuick.
*Warning: Your computer is infected!
Detected spyware infection! Click this message to install the last update of security software…
Your PC is still infected with dangerous viruses. Activate antivirus protection to prevent data loss and avoid the theft of your credit card details.
1. Since you cannot gain access to the infected computer under regular mode because of this fake message, please restart the computer and put it in Safe mode with Networking first. Here’s the guide: Restart the computer upon the locking screen and start hitting F8 key repeatedly when PC is booting up again; if successfully, Safe mode options will show up on the screen for you to select. Please use arrow keys to highlight Safe mode with Networking option and hit enter key. System will be loading files into this mode afterward.
Attention: If virus stays in your computer for a long time, it may work in the background and block you from accessing safe mode with networking, thus, you’ll see virus message still. In that case, please choose: Safe mode with command prompt and try if it helps.
2. Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. Go to Folder Options window, under View tab, tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
3. Under Safe mode with Networking, please hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) keys together to pull up Windows Task Manager; go to Processes tab on top and scroll down the list to find processes associated with DownQuick adware and click End process.
4. Open Registry Editor by pressing Windows+R keys and pull up Run box and searching for regedit.
5. Find out and delete files and registry entries as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegistryTools” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
6. Restart computer back to Regular mode and check out if the rogue program still exist in your computer.
From the above passage, you should have a better knowledge of this rogue program. You should be fooled by its surface and then be stupid to download it. If so, you will want to cry once it installed in your computer because this malicious program cannot be uninstalled by any antivirus tool. If you are not a computer genius, it is advisable to ask help from Yoocare online expert for manual removal right now!
Note: Manual removal is a skillful and risky job, if any mistakes are made in the process, you may damage your computer immediately. If you are not sure how to do, please contact YooCare PC experts 24/7 online for help right now.
Published by & last updated on September 28, 2014 1:02 pm