I am freaking out! I believe my computer was blocked by Policia Departamento Cibercrime virus. Last night I was on a “normal” porn website when suddenly my cam flashed and subsequently I got a message from Policia Departamento Cibercrime. It said I did something illegal and asked me to pay 100 euro either using Ukash or Paysafecard to unblock computer in 48 hours, or the authorities might prosecute me. On the locked page, it also displayed my IP address, my location and my username. I don’t know what to do now. I can’t do anything on my computer. Is it real or just a scam wanting €100 from me? How can I get my computer unlocked?
Policia Departamento Cibercrime Virus is another variant of Ukash virus used to attack PC users in Portugal and other countries. Similarly to other Ukash or Moneypak Ransomware, it will lock the a target computer and demand that a fine must be paid in order to remove the block. Generally the amount will be requested for €100 and this virus even limits the time for you to pay the ransom. It only gives you 48 hours and threatens you if the fine is not paid in time, you will have to go jail or face other consequences about legal issues. If your computer has been blocked by Policia Departamento Cibercrime Ukash message, please ignore what it says. Even though it has a convincing appearance with government seal and symbol, it is not associated with any legal authorities. This is a scam designed with an aim to scare innocent users and then collect money from them. Things displayed on the blocked message saying that you have done something illegal like spreading pornographic files, watching porn or violating copyrights are not real at all.
Now this kind of Ransomware has been very popular in these years. It can not only affect Windows computer, but also work on a computer with stable Mac OS X. Computer users may catch this virus by clicking malicious code or unsafe advertising pop-ups, visiting pornographic website or downloading attachment from spam emails. When it gets installed, a large message will pop up to the screen, completely taking over the computer. It gives false information by telling the user his or her computer was involved in illegal activity including the distribution of prohibited pornography or copyright content, then a ransom of €100 is needed to unlock the computer with 48 hours. Users can choose to pay through either Ukash or Paysafecard. If the necessary fine is not paid in time, a bigger penalty or the prison is waiting for them. Undoubtedly, this message is frightening and enough to scare people to death. It is sure that no one would like to take the risk of being caught by the police, but just stop and think it twice, is this message really from government? What if it is from the hackers who want to steal your money?
It is convinced that Policia Departamento Cibercrime Virus has nothing to do with the government. It is merely a big scam designed to panic innocent users and further scam their money. Getting a Ransomware like this one on the computer is really frustrating because this virus can lock the whole computer and block anything on your PC. From that moment, you have no chance to access your desktop because this virus pops up immediately as soon as system boots up. It will not allow you to get Task Manager opened, as soon as you do that by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL, and click Start Task Manager, it doesn’t nothing but gives you ” log off “, ” restart ” and ” shut down ” option that also does nothing helpful to get rid of the banner. Since accessing the desktop is forbidden, it is impossible for you to get antivirus program working. Everything seems to be hopeless after computer has been infected with Policia Departamento Cibercrime virus. However, people have to know that paying the fine should never be considered as a solution to get rid of the virus and unlock the computer no matter how hard the removal is. People who were tricked by this scam will only experience money loss and possible identify theft. As mentioned above, it is clear that Policia Departamento Cibercrime Virus is a scam that should not trust at all. Before it completely ruins your computer, you have to manually remove it ASAP.
It will take control of your computer rapidly once it is downloaded.
It will pretend itself as a legit warning and then ask for a ransom.
It can disable your task manager and even pop up in safe mode.
It can connect to a remote IRC server and forward the data to cyber criminals without a computer user’s awareness.
It can’t be simply uninstalled or removed in control panel.
1. Policia Departamento Cibercrime Virus mainly attacks computers running in Windows operating system, it also can affect Mac OS X.
2. Don’t pay for anything or provide your personal information to this hoax.
3. Currently no anti-virus program is able to detect or remove this malware, even for preventing the virus from attacking the computer again.
4. Be aware that even if you are able to unfreeze your computer on your own like doing a system restore, the malware may still operate in the background. To completely get rid of this Ransomware, manual removal is needed.
Although this virus page seems to be legitimate, it is 100% fake. It even uses web cam control to make users panic and make them to pay for the ransom wrongly. If your computer is infected, you will detect your webcam will be on without your permission just like the police is recording you. If you do not have a web cam connected, the video screen on the page will appear to be blank. As mentioned above, we can see how this scam works to deceive innocent users. It is good at using scare tactic to extract money from victims. Hence, users must get rid of this fake Policia Departamento Cibercrime virus manually as soon as possible.
1. Since you cannot gain access to the infected computer under regular mode because of this lock screen, please restart the computer and put it in Safe mode with Networking first. Here’s the guide: Restart the computer upon the locking screen and start hitting F8 key repeatedly when PC is booting up again; if successfully, Safe mode options will show up on the screen for you to select. Please use arrow keys to highlight Safe mode with Networking option and hit enter key. System will be loading files into this mode afterward.
Attention: If virus stays in your computer for a long time, it may work in the background and block you from accessing safe mode with networking, thus, you’ll see virus page still or the virus forces you to log off and restart your computer automatically. In that case, please choose: Safe mode with command prompt and try if it helps. If none of them helps, please contact YooCare expert for instant help.
2. Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. Go to Folder Options window, under View tab, tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
3. Under Safe mode with Networking, please hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) keys together to pull up Windows Task Manager; go to Processes tab on top and scroll down the list to find processes associated with Policia Departamento Cibercrime virus and click End process.
4. Open Registry Editor by pressing Windows+R keys and pull up Run box and searching for regedit.
5. Find out and delete files and registry entries as below:
C:\Documents and Settings\<Current User>
6. Restart computer back to Regular mode and check out if the warning page still shows up again.
Policia Departamento Cibercrime Virus message is not coming from the police and it should be ignored as soon as it is detected. The real government will not ask for a payment from prepaid card like Moneypak, Paysafecard or Ukash. The reason why the hackers request a prepaid card is this can help instantly transfer the funds via a transfer code and the user cannot reverse the transaction once they realize they have been scammed. Most of time, visiting websites related to child porn and downloading illegal videos or music could be the reason that you got this infection. So users should pay more attention while browsing the Internet. Don’t click any suspicious pop-up ads or open email from someone unknown. Mostly importantly, remove Policia Departamento Cibercrime malware as quickly as possible.
Note: Manual removal is a skillful and risky job, if any mistakes are made in the process, you may damage your computer immediately. If you are not sure how to do, please contact YooCare PC experts 24/7 online for help right now.
Published by & last updated on January 30, 2014 5:39 am
Leave a Reply