How to remove PUP.Optional.Freemium.A completely? I have tried several ways to get rid of it, but they all failed. Now I feel like I can do nothing with it but have to buy a new non-infected computer. I don’t want to throw my computer away. Is there any way to get rid of PUP.Optional.Freemium.A? Any help will be appreciate!
PUP.Optional.Freemium.A is a dangerous virus which can get into your computer, take charge of the infected PC to steal your files and use your PC to send viral links to your contacts. Trojans appears in large numbers nowadays because it has direct benefit. Once your Internet banking password was theft, it is too late to prevent. Because of this, hackers breed more Trojan which is continuously seeking for a chance to get into its target system. Trojan virus like this complements each other to bring more threats into victim PC. It is no a exaggeration to say that Trojan horse is walking into your computer like a thief walking into your house. Preventing and killing Trojan immediately has become the required course of modern computer users.
Trojan horse is a backdoor programs, as previously stated, it can remotely control your computer after settle down. If you have invited it to go into your laptop accidentally, you can only blame yourself. The Greek soldiers opened the gates of Troy, the Trojan program will open a “back door” in your system like its name suggested. Hackers enter your computer via this specific “back door”, and then control your computer remotely. What can Hackers do after accessing to your computer through a Trojan horse? We can say that what you can do on your own computer, they can do it as well. If you can write a file, they can; if you can look at a picture, they could see; they can also get your privacy, your password, or even every mouse clicking. More than that, it is also able to control your mouse and keyboard to do whatever he wants to do, such as open your collection of photos, then permanently delete it, or pretend to be you to send viral message to your contacts in e-mail, online chatting. To prevent further threats, you need to remove PUP.Optional.Freemium.A as soon as possible.
1. Your computer performs slower and slower.
2. You need to wait for a long time while opening a webpage and your browser runs much slower than before.
3. You are always redirected to some malicious websites.
4. The harmful redirect also causes poor Internet connection and system crash frequently.
5. You will get many advertisement windows when you are using the Internet.
1. It allows the virus makers to access your computer remotely without letting you know.
2. It accesses your data, your tabs and browsing activity on all websites.
3. It is able to cause system crash and disable your executable programs.
4. It drops some other threats including malware, adware parasites and spyware into your computer.
5. It is capable of collecting your browsing history and other important data.
PUP.Optional.Freemium.A is a malicious Trojan virus which can install itself into the computer system without your consent and awareness. It makes your computer work slowly and implants other nasty infections into the computer. To make things worse, this Trojan is a tool for the hacker to invade the infected computer to steal your information. It is recommended to remove it as quickly as possible. Users can follow the manual guide here to have it removed instantly.
1. Clean cookies
* Internet Explorer: Tools → Internet Options →the General tab, Delete the Cookies button can be directly seen in IE6, IE7 is to click the Delete Browsing History button then tick Cookies and click Delete.
* Firefox:Tools → Options → Privacy → Remove Individual Cookies → Delete corresponding cookies in the cookies showing box.
* Opera:Tools → Preferences → Advanced → Cookies →Delete corresponding cookies in Management Cookies.
2. Clean add-ons and extensions
* Internet Explorer:
(1). Click Start, type: Manage browser add-ons
(2). Hit Enter on your keyboard
(3). Click Manage add-ons and disable all the suspicious add-ons.
（1）. Click the Firefox menu and click Add-ons
(2). Click Extensions, select the related browser add-ons and click Disable.
* Google Chrome:
(1). Click the Customize and Control menu button →Tools→ click Extensions
(2). Select the related Extension and click Disable.
3. Show Hidden Files
(1). Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel
(2). Click on the Appearance and Personalization link
(3). Click on the Folder Options link
(4). Click on the View tab in the Folder Options window
(5). Choose the Show hidden files, folders, and drives under the Hidden files and folders category
(6). Click OK at the bottom of the Folder Options window.
4. Delete Virus Files With PUP.Optional.Freemium.A
(1). Delete the related registry entries through Registry Edit
Guides to open registry editor: Click “Start” menu, hit “Run”, then type “regedit”, click “OK”
(2). Find out and remove the associated files of this browser hijacker virus.
To put it simple, PUP.Optional.Freemium.A is needed as soon as possible because it will change computer settings to hide itself from security detection or removal. If you cannot remove it complete, it will be back on the next time you turn on the infected computer. Leaving this nasty virus in your computer is not a wise choice either because it can steal your confidential information in the infected PC. If you keep it, you will have to face a situation that all of you activities on the infected PC are watched by hackers as well. According to our investigation, we can conclude that the best way to handle with this nasty virus is to remove it manually because the Trojan will block not only anti-virus software but also other normal programs, which makes security programs functionless.
Published by & last updated on November 6, 2013 2:48 am