How to get rid of Search Centrix Redirect completely from my computer because this browser hijacker is disrubring my online surfing all the time and I don’t what to do with it. Every day I open my firefox, this search engine comes up before I can go anywhere. I tried to delete it on my own but failed. Is there any chance for me to remove Search Centrix and set my desired homepage back? I want a removal guide which can help you indeed!
Search Centrix Redirect is a nasty browser redirect which mostly used for the purposes such as tracking and storing Internet users’ movements on the web; serving up pop-up ads to Internet users; over using your system resources, and make it run quite slowly. Browser hijacker like Search Centrix virus is annoying to computer users because it contains lots of annoying pop up advertisement. The numerous unwanted pop ups cause slower PC performance, decelerate network speed and disable network connection all the time. It usually changes computer settings to hide its trait, set to run automatically and avoid detection from security programs. It takes unpermitted action like slowing down computer performance, stopping other normal progress to run and changing system settings to allow remotely control from hackers and protect itself from firewall deletion.
People are familiar with its explicit changes, say background being changed, homepage being replaced and search engine being taken place. But those detriments are less harmful than implicit damage it brings to the victim computer. Through the text above we can know that this is a nasty redirect which is created by hackers for their illegal purpose. They mainly use this redirect to pretend as a real search engine so people will use it to search for their wanted information. The keyword we search will be noted down by it. Its provider will collect keywords, favorites and browser histories for further usage. As we all know, your privacy is invaded by it and its provider, your online surfing is not safe anymore and the entire webpage you are visiting is known by its provider as well. If you want to use the infected browser to pay online, your money will be in a risk too. To avoid financial loss and protect your computer safely, you need to get rid of Search Centrix Redirect as soon as possible.
1. Your computer performs slower and slower.
2. You need to wait for a long time while opening a webpage and your browser runs much slower than before.
3. You are always redirected to some malicious websites.
4. The harmful redirect also causes poor Internet connection and system crash frequently.
5. You will get many advertisement windows when you are using the Internet.
1. It allows the virus makers to access your computer remotely without letting you know.
2. It accesses your data, your tabs and browsing activity on all websites.
3. It is able to cause system crash and disable your executable programs.
4. It drops some other threats including malware, adware parasites and spyware into your computer.
5. It is capable of collecting your browsing history and other important data.
Search Centrix Redirect is a high-risk browser hijacker which will change the homepage and browser settings, and redirect your web search results to random sites containing lots of illegal advertisements, even Trojan, rootkit or other malware virus. Sometimes the antivirus software cannot identify the computer threat accurately and timely or remove it permanently. Therefore, manual removal is the best choice to uninstall it completely from your computer. Users can follow the manual guide here to have this virus removed instantly.
1. Clean cookies
* Internet Explorer: Tools → Internet Options →the General tab, Delete the Cookies button can be directly seen in IE6, IE7 is to click the Delete Browsing History button then tick Cookies and click Delete.
* Firefox:Tools → Options → Privacy → Remove Individual Cookies → Delete corresponding cookies in the cookies showing box.
* Opera:Tools → Preferences → Advanced → Cookies →Delete corresponding cookies in Management Cookies.
2. Clean add-ons and extensions
* Internet Explorer:
(1). Click Start, type: Manage browser add-ons
(2). Hit Enter on your keyboard
(3). Click Manage add-ons and disable all the suspicious add-ons.
（1）. Click the Firefox menu and click Add-ons
(2). Click Extensions, select the related browser add-ons and click Disable.
* Google Chrome:
(1). Click the Customize and Control menu button →Tools→ click Extensions
(2). Select the related Extension and click Disable.
3. Show Hidden Files
(1). Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel
(2). Click on the Appearance and Personalization link
(3). Click on the Folder Options link
(4). Click on the View tab in the Folder Options window
(5). Choose the Show hidden files, folders, and drives under the Hidden files and folders category
(6). Click OK at the bottom of the Folder Options window.
4. Delete Virus Files With Search Centrix Redirect
(1). Delete the related registry entries through Registry Edit
Guides to open registry editor: Click “Start” menu, hit “Run”, then type “regedit”, click “OK”
(2). Find out and remove the associated files of this browser hijacker virus.
Having more and more users been infected with browser hijacker like Search Centrix Redirect, cut of the way of how it gets in to the target computer are becoming more and more needed in daily online activities. It may or may not show the malicious content after directing to the webpage, but the browser will be taken over after clicking for those ads are paths for more ads injection. Being hijacked by its domain, search result is tampering and system settings are changed, there is no reason to treat this redirect as a safe domain and leave it on your computer. The best way to protect your computer is to remove it quickly.
Published by & last updated on November 4, 2013 1:24 pm