How to get rid of Higher Aurum Browser Hijacker? What is Higher Aurum virus which shows in my computer? Is it good software that we can keep and use in the future? How can we do to get rid of Higher Aurum adware if we have already have open our doors to let it in? You can read this post and learn how to remove this hijacker completely.
Higher Aurum Browser Hijacker is usually annoying while you are visiting online because it keeps showing unwanted pop-ups, alluring you to click on its promoting links to download other malware and redirecting you to unsafe websites continuously. This adware usually was got by accident when downloaded some free software or packed with the existing threats such as Trojan horse virus in the victim laptop. Online activities are severely interfered if someone tries to use the infected browser because not only their search engine has been changed but also has numerous pop-up ads while viewing webpage. In a word, it starts to mess up with the infected browser once it had got into the system.
Common people don’t know much beyond this common symptom. To achieve its goal like generating unwanted advertisements and replacing the former homepage, this hijacker must be capable of modifying Internet settings. So far, this adware is not categorized as a computer virus by security program so it can avoid scanning which is launched by common antivirus software or simple tools. And if some tools are able to detect its trait, this adware still can use the way like it does with your browser. This adware can alter computer registry to degrade security level. With the help of low security level, it can easily escape from detection and hide itself successfully. Imaging that living with such a huge threat in your daily life, it is so dangerous. You should remove Higher Aurum adware immediately when you detect its trail.
1. Your computer performs slower and slower.
2. You need to wait for a long time while opening a webpage and your browser runs much slower than before.
3. You are always redirected to some malicious websites.
4. The harmful redirect also causes poor Internet connection and system crash frequently.
5. You will get many advertisement windows when you are using the Internet.
1. It allows the virus makers to access your computer remotely without letting you know.
2. It accesses your data, your tabs and browsing activity on all websites.
3. It is able to cause system crash and disable your executable programs.
4. It drops some other threats including malware, adware parasites and spyware into your computer.
5. It is capable of collecting your browsing history and other important data.
Higher Aurum Browser Hijacker is a high-risk browser hijacker which will change the homepage and browser settings, and redirect your web search results to random sites containing lots of illegal advertisements, even Trojan, rootkit or other malware virus. Sometimes the antivirus software cannot identify the computer threat accurately and timely or remove it permanently. Therefore, manual removal is the best choice to uninstall it completely from your computer. Users can follow the manual guide here to have this virus removed instantly.
1. Clean cookies
* Internet Explorer: Tools → Internet Options →the General tab, Delete the Cookies button can be directly seen in IE6, IE7 is to click the Delete Browsing History button then tick Cookies and click Delete.
* Firefox:Tools → Options → Privacy → Remove Individual Cookies → Delete corresponding cookies in the cookies showing box.
* Opera:Tools → Preferences → Advanced → Cookies →Delete corresponding cookies in Management Cookies.
2. Clean add-ons and extensions which is brought by Higher Aurum Browser Hijacker
* Internet Explorer:
(1). Click Start, type: Manage browser add-ons
(2). Hit Enter on your keyboard
(3). Click Manage add-ons and disable all the suspicious add-ons.
（1）. Click the Firefox menu and click Add-ons
(2). Click Extensions, select the related browser add-ons and click Disable.
* Google Chrome:
(1). Click the Customize and Control menu button →Tools→ click Extensions
(2). Select the related Extension and click Disable.
3. Show Hidden Files
(1). Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel
(2). Click on the Appearance and Personalization link
(3). Click on the Folder Options link
(4). Click on the View tab in the Folder Options window
(5). Choose the Show hidden files, folders, and drives under the Hidden files and folders category
(6). Click OK at the bottom of the Folder Options window.
4. Delete Virus Files
(1). Delete the related registry entries through Registry Edit
Guides to open registry editor: Click “Start” menu, hit “Run”, then type “regedit”, click “OK”
(2). Find out and remove the associated files of this browser hijacker virus.
Considering that Higher Aurum Browser Hijacker is compatible with any of the browser that already exists in the infected computer like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and it will open up quickly in each time you start up the victim Firefox, this virus is not easy to deal with. Your browser settings have been change, default homepage has been changed and even your favorite search engine has been changed. Avoid infection is not an easy way as well because it enters your computer secretly. So, we need to throw the infected computer away? Don’t worry, where there is a will, there is a way. If there is one way to remove this hijacker completely, it must be manual removal way. Give it a try to get rid of Aurum Browser virus completely.
Published by & last updated on October 31, 2013 1:15 pm