I have an Outdated Browser Detected Popup in my Firefox. Is it a legal program or a virus? How to get rid of this nasty pop up because it vanished before I can click close button. I want to remove it completely from my computer. Help!
Outdated Browser Detected popup is an annoying pop up while you are using the infected browser to search for something. When you are browsing a webpage, a window pops up and tells you that the current Google Chrome you are using now is out of date and you are recommend to update it to the latest version. For people who are accustomed to update software, they may not pay much attention to verify if they should allow updating or not and they may not sure if this pop up window is legal or not because we all know that some legitimate software do pop up the alert window to recommend people to install the latest version. But this alert window is different. It is a downloading link which is made to wait for a chance to bring malware or other threats into the target laptop. When you have clicked recommend download button, you opens a backdoor to allow virus in.
This Outdated Browser Detected virus contains many nasty unwanted malicious programs which have spread all over the world to fulfill its task. Having this popup means your computer is already invaded by some adware. It is usually brought by adware which seeks chance to make your laptop be infected. And to be noticed, this infection often comes with other threat like Trojan virus because Trojan horse is the most possible one this pop-up hijacker would carry with for its function is to make use of system vulnerabilities in the target system to encourage remote attacking. Trojan virus can be the nastiest virus that we should face while surf on the Internet. To avoid further infection, you need to avoid clicking download button and remove it quickly.
1. It allows the virus makers to access your computer remotely without letting you know.
2. It accesses your data, your tabs and browsing activity on all websites.
3. It is able to cause system crash and disable your executable programs.
4. Outdated Browser Detected Popup drops some other threats including malware, adware parasites and spyware into your computer.
5. It is capable of collecting your browsing history and other important data.
1. Your computer performs slower and slower.
2. You need to wait for a long time while opening a webpage and your browser runs much slower than before.
3. The harmful redirect also causes poor Internet connection and system crash frequently.
4. You will get many advertisement windows when you are using the Internet.
Outdated Browser Detected Popup is a high-risk browser hijacker which will change the homepage and browser settings, and redirect your web search results to random sites containing lots of illegal advertisements, even Trojan, rootkit or other malware virus. Sometimes the antivirus software cannot identify the computer threat accurately and timely or remove it permanently. Therefore, manual removal is the best choice to uninstall it completely from your computer. Users can follow the manual guide here to have this virus removed instantly.
1. Clean cookies
* Internet Explorer: Tools → Internet Options →the General tab, Delete the Cookies button can be directly seen in IE6, IE7 is to click the Delete Browsing History button then tick Cookies and click Delete.
* Opera:Tools → Preferences → Advanced → Cookies →Delete corresponding cookies in Management Cookies.
* Firefox:Tools → Options → Privacy → Remove Individual Cookies → Delete corresponding cookies in the cookies showing box.
2. Clean add-ons and extensions
（1）. Click the Firefox menu and click Add-ons
(2). Click Extensions, select the related browser add-ons and click Disable.
* Google Chrome:
(1). Click the Customize and Control menu button →Tools→ click Extensions
(2). Select the related Extension and click Disable.
* Internet Explorer:
(1). Click Start, type: Manage browser add-ons
(2). Hit Enter on your keyboard
(3). Click Manage add-ons and disable all the suspicious add-ons.
3. Show Hidden Files
(1). Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel
(2). Click on the Appearance and Personalization link
(3). Click on the Folder Options link
(4). Click on the View tab in the Folder Options window
(5). Choose the Show hidden files, folders, and drives under the Hidden files and folders category
(6). Click OK at the bottom of the Folder Options window.
4. Delete Virus Files
(1). Delete the related registry entries through Registry Edit
Guides to open registry editor: Click “Start” menu, hit “Run”, then type “regedit”, click “OK”
(2). Find out and remove the associated files of this browser hijacker virus.
Though pretending to be a legal update installation packages during the browsing process in the victim Chrome browser, Outdated Browser Detected Popup is not a safe installation packages. This nasty virus can bring in other malware into your computer. The most obvious sign of computer infection is that response time for programs costs longer and longer and webpage loading speed is slower than before as well. If you are using the infected PC to surf Internet, you will find out that the network connection is being cut off all the time too. Since this virus and the other Trojans it brings have severely affected your daily activities, you must remove it quickly before any other damages.
If you have of how to get rid of “Outdated Browser Detected” virus completely, please contact experts from YooCare Online Tech Support for further help.
Published by & last updated on October 23, 2013 5:11 am
Leave a Reply