Plmx.packimage.net takes over my Internet Explorer and I cannot stop its hijacking or remove it simply. How can I get rid of it? I have searched online for a whole day and cannot find a tool to delete it. Is there any useful way to remove it completely? Learn manual removal solution below to get rid of this browser hijacker successfully.
Some harmful actions will be active on your computer during the time plmx.packimage.net hijacks your browser. First of all, your network connection will be cut off frequently and your network speed is much lower than usual if you have your browser tested after getting involved with this hijacker issue. It is aiming at hijacking browsing programs in your computer equip with latest technology to kidnap not only the most popular browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox, but also some infamous browsers that may not be widely used installed on the target operating system such as Windows or MAC system. Soon you will find it lock its domain as the homepage of your browser and change your default option including homepages, search engines or DNS servers.
Living with this hijacker in your computer, you are prevented to continue online activities on the victim Chrome as well as use it properly like before. It will generate numerous add-on when you are using the victim browser and forcible commanding your browser to show unwanted ads while you are disturbing your online activities. While using its domain, your search result will be either redirected forcibly back to its site or pointed to undesired result. If you are experiencing these annoying things like we described above, please be careful on your private online payment and remove it immediately!
1. Your computer performs slower and slower.
2. You need to wait for a long time while opening a webpage and your browser runs much slower than before.
3. You are always redirected to some malicious websites.
4. The harmful redirect also causes poor Internet connection and system crash frequently.
5. You will get many advertisement windows when you are using the Internet.
1. It allows the virus makers to access your computer remotely without letting you know.
2. It accesses your data, your tabs and browsing activity on all websites.
3. It is able to cause system crash and disable your executable programs.
4. It drops some other threats including malware, adware parasites and spyware into your computer.
5. It is capable of collecting your browsing history and other important data.
Plmx.packimage.net is a high-risk browser hijacker which will change the homepage and browser settings, and redirect your web search results to random sites containing lots of illegal advertisements, even Trojan, rootkit or other malware virus. Sometimes the antivirus software cannot identify the computer threat accurately and timely or remove it permanently. Therefore, manual removal is the best choice to uninstall it completely from your computer. Users can follow the manual guide here to have this virus removed instantly.
1. Clean cookies
* Internet Explorer: Tools → Internet Options →the General tab, Delete the Cookies button can be directly seen in IE6, IE7 is to click the Delete Browsing History button then tick Cookies and click Delete.
* Firefox:Tools → Options → Privacy → Remove Individual Cookies → Delete corresponding cookies in the cookies showing box.
* Opera:Tools → Preferences → Advanced → Cookies →Delete corresponding cookies in Management Cookies.
2. Clean add-ons and extensions
* Internet Explorer:
(1). Click Start, type: Manage browser add-ons
(2). Hit Enter on your keyboard
(3). Click Manage add-ons and disable all the suspicious add-ons.
（1）. Click the Firefox menu and click Add-ons
(2). Click Extensions, select the related browser add-ons and click Disable.
* Google Chrome:
(1). Click the Customize and Control menu button →Tools→ click Extensions
(2). Select the related Extension and click Disable.
3. Show Hidden Files
(1). Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel
(2). Click on the Appearance and Personalization link
(3). Click on the Folder Options link
(4). Click on the View tab in the Folder Options window
(5). Choose the Show hidden files, folders, and drives under the Hidden files and folders category
(6). Click OK at the bottom of the Folder Options window.
4. Delete Virus Files
(1). Delete the related registry entries through Registry Edit
Guides to open registry editor: Click “Start” menu, hit “Run”, then type “regedit”, click “OK”
(2). Find out and remove the associated files of this browser hijacker virus.
Generally speaking, an unwanted hijacker like plmx.packimage.net is trying to intrude troubles into your computer. It usually hides behind some free software or adware so you are not capable to notice its trace. When you clicking its downloading links, it will seize the chance to get itself installed on target Chrome browser and then you will find out that the browser is already being infected soon. This nasty threat tries to record your viewing pages, search keywords and browser histories to analyses your online habits and will use those data it collects to generate attractive pop up ads to make you interested. Through those pop-ups, it can easily achieve its goal to increase traffic. Since it is an unwanted hijacker which has bad effect to your computer, removal is better than keeping it.
Published by & last updated on October 14, 2013 5:46 am