Hi, I have got Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus on my other computer which has locked my computer so that I cannot access anything. It asks me to pay a fine via Ukash or Paysafecard first if I want to get the computer unlocked. I knew that’s a scam. I saw a way to get rid of it on the internet but that required me to use safe mode and every time I use safe mode my computer shuts down. Is there a way I can get rid of the virus quickly? Thanks for any help!
Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste Virus is a Ransomware infection targets computer systems with an IP address located in Norway. Like most Police Ransomware Trojans, it can infect computer systems through security vulnerabilities and then create a certain registry entry so that it could run every time you start your machine. By that way, Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste Virus can lock your computer immediately as soon as you turn it on and block you from accessing your PC. It disguises itself as a legitimate warning from Norwegian Police and then scares people and tries to make the victims believe that they are being processed by the police. It threatens innocent users by accusing them of viewing illegal pornographic material, allowing their computer to distribute malware and distributing or dealing with copyrighted content without permission. And these violations are said to be the reason why their computers are locked, but actually this is just a virus designed to lock your PC and rip you off. It is not really from any government offices so you won’t get any trouble even if the fine is not paid over 48 hours.
Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste Virus requires its victims to use Ukash or Paysafecard to transfer the ransom funds first and then they will get a PIN-Code to unlock the computer. However, once the fine is transferred, victims will have no way to trace the money and get them back after they realize it is a scam. In fact, no code is available to unlock your computer because the real law institutions would never contact you to make any payments like this way. This is a virus aiming to deny your desktop access in hopes of making you believe that you have committed a serious crime and you need to pay a fine within 48 hours to cover the violation. Don’t do that, otherwise you will lose your money and get nothing. Moreover, this virus is able to fetch other malware and open an entry point so that remote attacker can access the computer. You should unlock your computer from Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus as quickly as possible.
(Image may be different depends on different kinds of version)
A: Even though Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste Virus seems to be real, but you must know it is a virus and don’t be taken in. All the information it shows is fake. What you can do is to remove it as soon as possible before it destroys your computer and steals your information. And please be assured that you will never be sent to the jail because of this fake warning. Considering this is a terrible virus, it is highly recommended users to follow the manual instruction to unlock your computer step by step.
Since Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste Ransomware has completely locked up your computer making you difficult to gain access, you will need to manually remove it instead of using antivirus programs to do so. Also, antivirus programs cannot completely catch this virus. Otherwise, it would have caught it at the beginning when Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste malware tries to sneak inside. Below are some basic steps on how to get rid of this virus manually. However, due to the changeable characters of this virus, you may not find the exact same files or entries to delete. That’s also why the manual removal requires expertise to do it. You will need to go through files and entries under different locations to define and delete. Any mistake could lead to unpredictable problems during the process. Thus, a backup of important files and programs is suggested before Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus removal. A flash drive or external hard drive will be needed.
1. Since you cannot gain access to the infected computer under regular mode because of Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste lock screen, please restart the computer and put it in Safe mode with Networking first. Here’s the guide: Restart the computer upon the locking screen and start hitting F8 key repeatedly when PC is booting up again; if successfully, Safe mode options will show up on the screen for you to select. Please use arrow keys to highlight Safe mode with Networking option and hit enter key. System will be loading files into this mode afterward.
2. Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. Go to Folder Options window, under View tab, tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
3. Under Safe mode with Networking, please hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) keys together to pull up Windows Task Manager; go to Processes tab on top and scroll down the list to find processes associated with Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus scam and click End process.
4. Open Registry Editor by pressing Windows+R keys and pull up Run box and searching for regedit.
5. Find out and delete files and registry entries associating with Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus as below:
C:\Documents and Settings\<Current User>
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
6. Restart computer back to Regular mode and check out if the warning page still shows up again.
Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste Virus is another variant of infamous Ukash virus that targets computer users mainly in Norway. It starts its attack by taking over your screen and stating that your computer has been blocked because it is being involved with the distribution of pornographic material, violation of copyright and related law etc. And you are requested to pay a fine of NOK 1000 norske kroner in the form of a Ukash or Paysafecard voucher within 48 hours to unlock your computer. Don’t fall into this hoax. If your computer is infected with Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus, you should find a way to remove this virus instead of paying for the fine because even though you have paid for that, your computer will still be locked. Criminals just want to swindle your money as much as possible, they won’t stop their illegal actions easily. Therefore, Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus is a harmful threat that should be removed manually as soon as possible.
Note: Manual removal is a skillful and risky job, if any mistakes are made in the process, you may damage your computer immediately. If you are not sure how to do, please contact YooCare PC experts 24/7 online for help right now.
Published by & last updated on August 2, 2013 10:01 am