Please help!!! I have Internet Police Department virus on my computer with my concept. It takes over my whole screen and says I have violated law and something like watching porno sites etc, then it asks me to pay a fine to get my computer unblocked. Is it real or just a virus? Do I really need to pay in order to get my PC unlocked? How do I get rid of the lock screen page?
Internet Police Department virus is a new Ransomware developed by computer hackers who make use of this in order to steal money from innocent users from the Internet. Like the infamous FBI Virus, Metropolitan Ukash Virus etc, this virus is also responsible of locking the compromised PC and demanding certain payment for unlocking. It targets on the computer users all over the world and has spread rapidly through the Internet. If you have been clicking malicious links, downloading attachment from spam emails or using a computer without any protection, it will be easier for you to catch this virus. Once the malware is installed, it completely locks your computer and display a fake warning to take over your screen. Thus, you are not able to access your computer anymore because it won’t give you any options to close or minimize the bogus lock screen.
Internet Police Department virus can make malicious files and registry entries implant your computer and avoid the detection of antivirus programs. Thus, no anti-malware program is able to detect and remove this threat now. It creates a certain registry entry so that it could run every time you start your machine. When victims turn the infected PC on, he or she won’t be able to see desktop, all they can see on the screen is a locked screen that blames them for breaking the law by watching and distributing pornographic content files. According to the message, you have to pay a fine of $100-$500 through Ukash, Moneypak or Paysafecard depending on different versions. Under no circumstance should you pay for that because this message claiming from Internet Police Department is not real. No official institutions would use such means to collect the fines. By paying with a prepaid card is convenient for cyber criminals to collect money without giving any ways for victims to trace the money. Don’t be taken in. It is recommended users to use manual way to remove Internet Police Department virus for good.
(Image may be different depends on different kinds of version)
Since Internet Police Department has completely locked up your computer making you difficult to gain access, you will need to manually remove it instead of using antivirus programs to do so. Also, antivirus programs cannot completely catch this virus. Otherwise, it would have caught it at the beginning when Internet Police Department malware tries to sneak inside. Below are some basic steps on how to get rid of this virus manually. However, due to the changeable characters of this virus, you may not find the exact same files or entries to delete. That’s also why the manual removal requires expertise to do it. You will need to go through files and entries under different locations to define and delete. Any mistake could lead to unpredictable problems during the process. Thus, a backup of important files and programs is suggested before this Internet Police Department virus removal. A flash drive or external hard drive will be needed.
1. Since you cannot gain access to the infected computer under regular mode because of this Internet Police Department lock screen, please restart the computer and put it in Safe mode with Networking first. Here’s the guide: Restart the computer upon the locking screen and start hitting F8 key repeatedly when PC is booting up again; if successfully, Safe mode options will show up on the screen for you to select. Please use arrow keys to highlight Safe mode with Networking option and hit enter key. System will be loading files into this mode afterward.
2. Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. Go to Folder Options window, under View tab, tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
3. Under Safe mode with Networking, please hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) keys together to pull up Windows Task Manager; go to Processes tab on top and scroll down the list to find processes associated with Internet Police Department scam and click End process.
4. Open Registry Editor by pressing Windows+R keys and pull up Run box and searching for regedit.
5. Find out and delete files and registry entries associating with Internet Police Department virus as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
6. Restart computer back to Regular mode and check out if the warning page still shows up again.
Internet Police Department Virus may install itself if a computer user has ever visited illegal or malicious websites or downloaded freeware or shareware from untrustworthy sources. It has a lot of variants which are spread in different countries. It has nothing to do with Internet Police Department or any other official authorities. This malware is promoted via spam e-mails, malicious or hacked Web pages, peer-to-peer networks. Now many computer users have been tricked by Internet Police Department virus because it does look very real and legit. It accuses the user of distributing various types of pornography and using copyrighted material. These violations are said to be the reason why the computer is locked, but actually this is just a virus designed to lock your PC and rip you off. Therefore, to regain access of your PC, you had better remove Internet Police Department virus quickly without a doubt.
Note: Manual removal is a skillful and risky job, if any mistakes are made in the process, you may damage your computer immediately. If you are not sure how to do, please contact YooCare PC experts 24/7 online for help right now.
Published by & last updated on April 24, 2014 4:34 am
Leave a Reply