Do you receive a large Red X alert in Microsoft Security Essentials which always claims your computer is infected with a severe virus called Trojan:DOS/Alureon.K? Do you feel frustrated that you can’t remove this stubborn Trojan by running lots of security tools? The following step by step guide with help you remove this virus completely and safely.
Trojan:DOS/Alureon.K is categorized as a new Trojan threat from Alureon family aiming to open a backdoor and distribute other malware infection onto the targeted PC. File-sharing networks, malicious links, and spam email messages are the channel to let this virus access the target computer without any approval. Once infected, you will find that your system is getting to be unstable and runs much slower than normal. In addition, you will also encounter other annoying issues that you can’t get rid of.
For example, you will soon find out more and more threats invade your computer without your permission after this Trojan accesses to your computer. Moreover, it bypasses Windows firewall settings by making some changes on the registry. Thus, your computer may get random errors pop up and become more and more fragile. The most scaring thing is that the Trojan can steal your personal information and financial information on purpose. Just like other Trojans, it may permit a remote attacker to access the infected computer. This approach lets the crook to perform some dodgy actions such as stealing of private data, download files, and monitor certain activities. If you want to avoid this situation, it is a must for you to delete Trojan:DOS/Alureon.K from your machine quickly.
Trojan:DOS/Alureon.K can wreak chaos on your computer by performing the following actions:
1. This virus slows down your computer speed which make you in a trouble while opening program and surfing Internet. It takes forever to open a program or website.
2. Microsoft Security Essentials keeps popping up messages while you are surfing on the internet showing you computer is at risk but you can’t get rid of it all.
3. This virus will shut down your other anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. This virus will also infect and corrupt your registry, leaving your computer totally unsafe and giving viruses like Cheshire Police Authority virus chances to sneak inside.
4. This virus will disable the proper running of many different programs or even disable some functions of your computer.
5. System restore can’t help to remove this Trojan completely.
1. Show hidden files and folders.
Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
2. Open Registry entries. Find out the malicious files and entries and then delete all.
Attention: Always be sure to back up your PC before making any changes.
a. Press the “Start” button and then choose the option “Run”. In the “Open” field, type “regedit” and click the “OK” button.
b. All malicious files and registry entries that should be deleted:
Have no idea why Trojan:DOS/Alureon.K can access your computer and do a lot of evil things without your permission? Users should know that no matter how good is your antivirus program, you still get the chance to be infected by one or two viruses that antivirus can’t catch. Actually, it is the problem not only for your antivirus software, but also for many other even world-leading security applications. Malicious as Trojan:DOS/Alureon.K, it can notably slow down your PC performance and make you experience blue screen of death, system crash down etc. What is worse? It escapes various security software and even blocks the antivirus software. You can follow the manual way above to complete the removal process.
Published by & last updated on June 7, 2013 8:04 am