Has your computer been suffering from Trojan.web32.autorun.gen virus lately? Where did it come from and why didn’t your antivirus software stop it from sneaking into your computer? What can it do to harm your computer? Is it okay to leave it inside? Find out answers to these questions here.
Trojan.web32.autorun.gen is defined as a Trojan infection that has been reported to have infected many computers recently. Due to the fact that this Trojan virus is created by hackers who know computer well, it can bypass most antivirus protections and sneak into your computer without permission to damage system. Since your antivirus cannot successfully stop it and remove it as well, you will have to think of another way which is the manual removal without antivirus or any kinds of programs.
Chances to be infected by this Trojan.web32.autorun.gen infection should be due to your carelessness when surfing online. Most PC users do not have the abilities to tell the differences between real web sites and hacked ones. Many specially hacked web sites and links look just like the real ones. But once you land there, Trojans like this web32.autorun.gen will be able to sneak into your computer without approval. It can also be spread quickly through social networking. So once you have got this infection in your system, try to get rid of it as soon as possible.
1. The No. 1 threats here is that this Trojan can help hackers collect valuable information or even bring them into your computer to control it.
2. More viruses and malware such as Australian Federal Police Ukash virus or US department of justice virus $300 will be brought into your computer with the help of it.
3. There will be constant pop ups and online redirecting activities.
4. Your computer will be acting slower generally till it’s totally stuck.
In case that any mistake might occur and cause unpredictable damages, please spend some time on making a backup beforehand. Then follow these steps given as below to delete Trojan.web32.autorun.gen infection:
1. Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and end processes related to this nasty Trojan virus;
2. Open Control Panel from Start menu and go to Folder Options;
3. Under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended);
4. Press Windows+R keys to open the Run window and then type in regedit to open Registry Editor;
5. Find out and delete all these associating files as below:
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\. (rnd)
6. Find out and remove all these associating registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\”Shell” = “[random].exe”
7. Restart the computer to normal mode when the above steps are done.
Most people who got infected by this Trojan.web32.autorun.gen virus usually wonder why their antivirus programs failed to catch it. As mentioned above, hackers who created this Trojan know computer quite well. They can enable this virus to sneak inside without stopping by antivirus. In that way, they will be able to collect lots of valuable information to make illegal benefits. Besides, this kind of Trojan can be created every day. But we all know that it takes some time for antivirus software to update. It has to collect data of the newest viruses and malware so that it can make better solution for them. In conclusion, the most effective way to get rid of this Trojan infection without reinstalling computer or formatting hard drives, is the manual removal way.
Note: If you still cannot get rid of Trojan.web32.autorun.gen infection successfully because you don’t understand the removal processes or find it difficult to follow, please contact YooCare Online Expert now and let them help you out of this problem.
Published by & last updated on May 30, 2013 5:34 am