Is your favorite browser suddenly not working properly? Even your homepage has been reset to unfamiliar one? Do you think this constant pop-up Uwavou.com page is just another common site? But why can’t you get to any websites you are supposed to get? How can you permanently uninstall it from your computer?
Uwavou.com redirect virus is defined as a browser hijacker that targets at a lot of computer users worldwide. A browser hijacker or browser redirect virus is a malicious rogue that changes your homepages of browsers and redirects all your searching results to hacked webpages and links without your approval. Normally this kind of browser hijacker pretends itself as a default search engine and attempts to provide lots of interesting contents. But the fact is, all the searching results given by it are actually fake ones. They are actually sponsored by hackers themselves.
Here’s a screen shot of this unwanted Uwavou.com browser hijacker:
How does this Uwavou.com redirect virus get into your computer? There are chances to be infected with this browser hijacker. Visiting websites that contain porno or gambling contents, receiving spam emails or downloading fake nasty applications will all lead to the system infection. And once it’s inside your computer, Uwavou.com browser hijacker will reset the default settings of your browser and computer system so that it can appear again and again until you have completely removed it with successful manual steps. If you use it to do your online activities, lots of pop-ups and advertisements will show all over your screen making you impossible to close all of them. What’s worse, more other viruses such as FBI Antipiracy Warning virus or Internet Crime Complaint Center virus will be brought into your computer!
1. It will bring more viruses and ransomware to your computer without permission;
2. It will allow remote hackers to enter your computer and collect all your valuable information to make illegal benefits;
3. It can redirect you to malicious websites with numerous pop up ads to interrupt and stop you from doing anything on your computer;
4. It can drop infected files into your system as legitimate ones so that antivirus software cannot detect them;
5. The computer will be running slower than ever and getting stuck constantly.
In case that any mistakes might happen during the process of removing Uwavou.com redirect virus, please spend some time on making a backup before getting started.
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard to open the Windows Task Manager and then scroll down to End process [Uwavou.com];
2. Open Folder Options from Control Panel, then click View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended);
3. Press Windows+R keys to open Run and type in regedit to search;
4. Find out and delete all these associating files:
%CommonStartMenu%\Programs\ Uwavou.com redirect virus
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
Uwavou.com redirect virus can be categorized as a browser issue because it usually functions on your browsers. But if it’s given the chance to stay inside your computer long enough, it will not only affect your browsers but also other functions and files and data of the computer. So you should be careful when getting a browser virus like that! It’s easy to distinguish a real search engine from a fake one. Real ones should somehow be allowed to installed first and they do not keep changing your browser settings and stopping you from getting to other sites. Even though there are many search engines out on the net, it’s better to stick to the ones that are familiar to you. By doing that, you have reduced the opportunities to be infected by browser viruses or lose more when being infected. When you get a browser hijacker like Uwavou.com browser redirect virus on your browser/browsers, deleting the page or reinstalling browser/browsers will not help completely get rid of this virus. You will need to manually remove it as no tools can deal with it completely.
Note: Still cannot get rid of this Uwavou.com redirect virus successfully by the above instructions? Being afraid of losing more personal information to remote hackers? To save your computer in time, please contact YooCare 24/7 Online Expert for a fast and overall help.
Published by & last updated on May 28, 2013 8:05 am