Has your antivirus software detected a virus named Rootkit.MBR.Sst.C recently? Do you know what damages it can bring to your computer? Is there any tool to completely delete it from your computer? Find all these answers in the following passage.
Rootkit.MBR.Sst.C is categorized as a nasty rootkit created by hackers to achieve underhand goals. This kind of virus normally hides in pornographic and other particularly hacked websites. The infection will be done without drawing your attention when you’re visiting these websites or accidentally click on them. Common antivirus software cannot protect you from this infection, so it’s better to delete it manually.
When this Rootkit.MBR.Sst.C infection has escaped from antivirus programs and been installed in your computer, it will bring great damages to your computer. To be more specific, it will bring more viruses, bugs, errors, spyware and ransomware to your computer without permission. Along with more created system security flaws, more problems will keep getting into your computer if you don’t stop them with a better solution as soon as possible. Furthermore, remote hackers will be allowed to get into your computer in order to steal your personal information. You will even be redirected when surfing the Internet to unwanted websites. The only way to completely remove this rootkit is to do it manually.
1. Restart the infected computer and keep pressing F8 key before Windows launches; then use arrow keys to select and log in with Safe Mode with Networking;
2. Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
3. Under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
4. Press Windows+R keys to open the Run window;
5. Type regedit in Run window and press Enter to open Registry Editor;
6. Find out and delete all these associating files as below:
%Windows%\system32\[ Rootkit MBR Sst C]
%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\[random]
7. Find out and remove all these associating registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\”Shell” = “[Rootkit MBR Sst C].exe”
8. Restart the computer to normal mode when the above steps are done.
Note: Do you find it difficult to follow the above instructions? Are you still not sure that you can 100% remove Rootkit.MBR.Sst.C virus off your computer? No need to worry, contact YooCare Expert now and they will help you with a fast and professional removal.
Published by & last updated on July 23, 2012 11:54 am