Is your computer suffering from Trojan:Win64/Sirefef.M virus? Did your antivirus software fail to remove this infection out of your computer? Have you been annoyed by other problems besides from this Trojan infection? To stop you pain and save your computer in time, follow the instructions here to make yourself an expert in removing this trojan virus.
Trojan:Win64/Sirefef.M is known as a member from the Trojan:Win64 serial group. Other famous members include Trojan:Win64/Sirefef.W and Trojan:Win64/Sirefef.Y. It is believed that once this infection is done, it will start messing with your computer and bringing more viruses and malicious programs to generally damage your computer. Once it has been detected on your computer, please be cautious and try to delete it as soon as possible.
Have you ever wondered why this Trojan virus comes back again after every reboot when you think it’s been deleted? Since Trojan:Win64/Sirefef.M virus has escaped from the removal of your antivirus tools and sneaked into your computer, it’s already reset the system default settings to allow its re-appearance constantly. Where is it from and how did it get into your computer? This virus is believed to be spread and infected via social networks. When you accidentally clicked a hacked link or opened a malicious webpage, this Trojan infection will sneak into your computer without drawing attention at first. But soon you will notice it as it will bring lots of pop-up windows to interrupt you from using the computer. Besides, it can disable some functions of computer so that you may not allow to open Windows Task Manager or Registry Entry. The most dangerous factor of Trojan Win64 Sirefef M infection is that it can help remote hackers to violate your personal information and steal your money. If you don’t want to lose any properties, you should try to uninstall this Trojan virus before it creates more troubles to your computer.
Highlight Trojan:Win64/Sirefef.M dangers:
1. It can introduce other malicious malware and viruses into your computer system to do further damages;
2. It can hide critical files and data of your system and lead to crash down eventually;
3. It will forcibly change your browser homepage and redirect search results to numerous hacked links or websites;
4. It can create system vulnerabilities to allow cyber criminals to track your computer and steal your personal information.
Trojan Win64 Sirefef M is quite nasty as it can unable the detection and even removal by legitimate antivirus software, so you need to manually get rid of it. And in case that any mistake might occur and cause unpredictable damages, please spend some time on making a backup beforehand. Then follow these steps given as below:
1. Reboot the infected computer, repeatedly hit F8 key before Windows Start-up Screen shows up, then use arrow keys to select “Safe mode with networking” and press Enter.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard at the same time or right click on the bottom Taskbar to open the Windows Task Manager.
3. End the process [Trojan:Win64/Sirefef.M].exe.
4. Open Control Panel from Start menu and double click Folder Options.
5. Click View tab, select “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) then click OK.
6. Find out and delete all these associating files as below:
%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\[ Trojan Win64 Sirefef M]
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe(Trojan Win64 Sirefef M)
7. Find out and remove all these associating registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\”Shell” = “[Trojan Win64 Sirefef M].exe”
8. Reboot the computer when the above steps are done and enter into normal mode this time.
Note: If you are not able to remove the Trojan:Win64/Sirefef.M virus by the above instructions, please contact YooCare Expert for a fast and professional removal.
Published by & last updated on June 22, 2012 5:32 pm