Have you been redirected to a certain webpage called Searchnu.com/402 all the time no matter what websites or answers you are supposed to get? Is this unwanted webpage showing up forcibly like a smart search engine? After trying every way to uninstall it but fail? Take it easy. Following are some instructions for you to do a complete manual removal.
Searchnu.com/402 is known as one of the Searchnu.com Serial redirect viruses. Searchnu..com/421 and Searchnu.com/406 are the most common ones that many computer users come across. So you cannot be familiar with this one more. It can also be called as a browser hijacker. The genius part is that it appears as normal search engine as others and you can use it with online communicating and searching information. But it’s indeed a hacked search engine which connects to numerous viruses, spyware and ransomware.
You should be very careful when Searchnu.com/402 webpage appears on your browser. Once you give it a try, you will be redirected to hacked links and malicious websites containing a lot of troubles to damage your computer. It is strongly suggested that you should stick to the search engines you are used to and do not use any unknown ones directly. This browser virus is spread and infected quickly while you are doing some illegal activities online or download some “free” unknown programs to watch movies or listen to music. When the infection is done, your Internet and browser settings will be reset to its favor. When you search via this scam webpage, even though the search results seem to be normal, but soon an amount of pop-ups will be showing constantly on your screen once you click on one of the fake results. Even though you have tried to uninstall it from the Add/Remove Programs function, Searchnu.com/402 virus won’t come off your computer and will show itself again every time you reboot your computer. What’s worse, if you cannot manage to remove it successfully and immediately, a third party will enter into your computer and capture everything you do. Therefore, it is with no doubt to remove this nasty browser redirect virus out of your computer as soon as possible.
Once being infected, Searchnu.com/402 virus will:
– hacked one of your browsers at first and the others if there’s not a fast removal;
– bring lots of constant pop-up windows to stop you from using the computer and slow down the overall operating speed;
– redirect you to certain websites that will download malware and spyware automatically without your permission;
– create system vulnerabilities in order to allow the entry of remote hackers to follow your online activities and capture valuable information;
– drop infected files and folders to mess up with legitimate system files.
Since no antivirus software cannot remove Searchnu.com/402 virus out and the Add/Remove Programs does not work well, it is best to do the job manually. Please make a system backup before you begin. Several steps have been given as below for your consideration:
1. Reboot the infected computer and get into safe mode with networking. When you have pressed the restart button, please keep pressing F8 on your keyboard until a black screen with several commands appears. Then use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press E/ENTER;
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys on the keyboard or right click on the Task-bar to open the Windows Task Manager;
3. Stop the process: [searchnu.com/402].exe
4. Open Control Panel from Start menu and find Folder Options, and then click on the View tab to tick “Show hidden files and folders” and non-click “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”;
5. Search for the related files and delete them all:
6. Remove all these following registry entries:
6. Reboot the computer again to get into the normal mode.
Note: If you don’t have much computer background knowledge and are not able to remove Searchnu.com/402 virus by following the steps mentioned above, please contact YooCare Expert for a fast and full removal.
Published by & last updated on June 18, 2012 6:41 am