Win32:Sirefef-AO(Rtk) is a Trojan horse that is associated with many aping security activities. This Trojan virus comes from Win32:Sirefef Trojan family and is similar to Win32/small.CA. The virus does harm to many less experienced PC users. This Trojan virus will control infected computer by a remote hacker by redirecting requested URL. Win32:Sirefef-AO(Rtk) virus occupies large resource of computer system and slows down speed of the infected computer. It will install many files and registry entries into your system and hide them by the virus. If you could not remove the Trojan virus immediately, it will damage you system files and even your computer crash. When you get infected with this virus, your security software will warn you your computer is in a high risk. Even you remove the Trojan virus by your security tools, it is not sure that your computer has been freed from disturbance of the virus. Therefore, when your computer has been infected with this Trojan virus, you should find some ways to remove it from your computer as soon as possible. Manual removal is the most effective way to terminate this virus.
Some characteristics of Win32:Sirefef-AO(Rtk) infection:
1. When this Trojan virus executed, it will drop several files on various folders of your hard drive. It may also modify and add certain strings to the Windows registry.
2. When you start your Windows, the Trojan will load many other unsafe files into your computer system and hide them by the virus.
3. This Trojan virus will disable your other antivirus program.
4. This Trojan virus will change your desktop background and warn you when you are searching on a website.
5. This Trojan virus will slow down speed of your computer and influence stability of your computer.
How can you get infected with Win32:Sirefef-AO(Rtk):
1. When you install freeware or shareware that are bundled with spyware or Trojan virus into your compute, you bring the threat to your computer too.
2. When you use peer-to-peer (P2P) program you may download the risk to your system.
3. You search in malicious websites that can install malware program like T Win32:Sirefef-AO(Rtk) virus via automatic download.
4. You insert a infected U disk into your good computer, which may bring you such Trojan virus.
How dangerous is Win32:Sirefef-AO(Rtk) infection?
This infection will change your registry settings and other important windows system files. If Win32:Sirefef-AO(Rtk) is not removed it can cause a complete computer crash. Some Win32:Sirefef-AO(Rtk) infections contain Trojan and rootkit which can be used to steal PC users’ personal financial data. So it is very important to remove this Trojan virus as early as possible before it steals your information. Win32:Sirefef-AO(Rtk) Virus will display fake infections of security threats on your computer stating that you need to purchase the program to remove the infections. Please ignore the warnings shown by this Trojan virus.
The Most Effective Way to Remove Win32:Sirefef-AO(Rtk)-Manual Removal?
Please follow these steps to get rid of the Win32:Sirefef-AO(Rtk) manually:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. Open the Windows Task Manager.
If that didn’t work, try another way. Press the Start button and click on the Run option. This will start the Run tool. Type in taskmgr and press OK. This should start the Windows Task Manager
Step 2: Within the Windows Task Manager click on the Processes tab. Find the process by name. random.exe.Then scroll the list to find required process. Select it with your mouse or keyboard and click on the End Process button. This will kill the process.
Step 3: Delete malicious registry entries.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \RunServicesOnce
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer\Run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft \Windows\ CurrentVersion
Explorer/ShellFolders Startup=”C:\windows/start menu/programs\startupStep 4?Remove malicious files of Win32:Sirefef-AO(Rtk)
Based on various situations and computer skills, you can choose the following solutions fit for you.
1. Follow the steps we provide to manually remove the virus.
2. If you failed to remove Win32:Sirefef-AO(Rtk) with the method above, please consult YooCare certified professionals to remove it completely. Live chat with professionals now
Published by & last updated on November 13, 2012 5:21 pm