Your browser homepage has been taken over by Start.sweetpacks.com Redirect without your permission? Is your browser already hijacked by Start.sweetpacks? From the following post, you will find an effective way to get rid of this hijacker from your browsers including IE, Google Chrome and Firefox.
The Start.sweetpacks.com virus is also widely known as the Start sweetpacks redirect virus, and it is a malware that hijacks the browser and changes the settings once it gets into the system files. Once installed it will change the current browser (Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer) to the “Start.sweetpacks.com” browser. The user is directed to this page every time the browser is opened automatically and while it may appear to be a genuine search engine, it is completely fake and has every intention of attacking the users computer system.
The first clue that something is drastically wrong occurs after a “search” is performed, as the results that are returned are not relevant or even slightly related to the search query. The Start.sweetpacks.com virus returns random results. An experienced computer user should be able to detect that something isn’t right, but to the casual user they may not catch on as quickly, allowing the virus to install additional spyware and adware programs to the computer.
Once the virus is installed the hackers can gain access to the information on the PC, and this creates a very serious threat. The people behind the Start.sweetpacks.com virus can view the browser and search history of the computer to determine what sites the user has been visiting and then extract data such as usernames and passwords and use that data along with the browser history to access sensitive information! The remote access they have will give them the ability to sift through the computer at any time from wherever they are located. What they are really looking for is anything related to finances, such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers, and online banking login details. They can use this information to create fraud themselves or they will sell all of the details they are able to gather from their victims to black market cyber crime organizations. So you need to get rid of the Start.sweetpacks.com hijacker as soon as possible.
There is also the possibility of the Start.sweetpacks.com redirect virus being bundled together with other virus packs, doing even more damage when paired up with other attacks. What you need to know about the Delta-Search.com virus:
1) This virus is installed without the users permission, and it is usually found hidden within email attachments from unknown senders, or hidden in download files on file sharing sites that contain “free” movie and music downloads. The hackers will create fake downloads so the user clicks on the link, and while they think they are downloading free files they are really installing the Start.sweetpacks.com virus on their computer.
2) The browser will constantly redirect to the Start.sweetpacks.com homepage until the virus is completely removed. The user can attempt to close the window and reopen it but it will always send them to the infected page.
3) Being redirected to the Start.sweetpacks virus page if the first sign that the computer is in serious danger. The virus has the ability to install additional malware so it is important to take immediate action to have the virus files removed to prevent serious damage.
4) The hackers have designed the Start.sweetpacks.com page to resemble the Google search page as a way of tricking users into thinking it is a legitimate page. Their target victim is one that will not notice the change right away, allowing them to complete what they set out to accomplish, and that is steal sensitive information from the computer.
Start.sweetpacks.com hacks your browser to redirect your web search results and changes the homepage and browser settings. To completely uninstall it from an infected system, manual removal is the first choice. Because sometimes antivirus software cannot pick up the exact computer threat timely or remove it permanently. Users can follow the manual guide here to have this virus removed instantly.
1. Clear all the cookies of your affected browsers.
Click on the “Tools” menu and select “Options”.
Click the “Under the Bonnet” tab, locate the “Privacy” section and click the “Clear browsing data” button.
Select “Delete cookies and other site data” to delete all cookies from the list.
2. Show hidden files and folders.
Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
3. Remove all the malicious files manually.
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page
Start.sweetpacks.com redirect issue is very annoying as it doesn’t allow you to use your computer in an ordinary way. If you suspect that your PC might be infected with the Start.sweetpacks redirect virus then follow the steps to manually remove this virus form the computer immediately. Manual removal ensures that all of the corrupt files are eliminated. If you are not computer wiz, you should take care, otherwise, you will damage your system by yourself. Since no anti-virus can pick it up, therefore, it is suggested to fix the problem with professional assistance.
Kindly Reminder: If you have no idea how to remove Start.sweetpacks.com redirect virus, please contact experts from YooCare Online Tech Support for further help to make sure you won’t make things worse.
Published by David MicKinney, last updated on March 24, 2013 2:38 am | Browser Hijacker Removal Guide