Have you been bothered by this Trojan:Win64/Sirefef.U virus all these days because you cannot delete it from your computer successfully? Is there any tool or instruction to help you out of this problem? A manual removal guide has been given below.
Trojan:Win64/Sirefef.U can be very tricky as it can bypass the protection from antivirus software. It is believed that this Trojan infection is created by hackers in order to collect as much money as possible from innocent computer users just like you. So you should not underestimate the damages it can bring to you and your computer.
Ways to be infected by Trojan:Win64/Sirefef.U virus vary from people’s online behaviors. You may have visited porn websites recently or accidentally clicked on some hacked links which you were not aware of; you may have downloaded and installed some unknown programs in order to watch movies or protect your computer; or you might have received spam emails from unknown contacts. Trojans like this one hidden among these places will sneak into your computer without permission. Once it’s inside, it will continue to bring other problems. It’s like a non-stoppable spring where lots of viruses and malware come out constantly. The only and effective way to stop this infection is to manually get rid of it since only in this way can it be completely deleted.
a. It allows remote hackers to get into your computer and collect all your valuable information to make illegal benefits our of them;
b. It can bring more viruses and malware through system security flaws to damage your computer;
c. Your online activities will be redirected to unwanted sites;
d. There will be a lot of pop ups to disturb you when using the computer;
e. It can slow down the computer till it’s completely stuck.
In case that any mistake might occur and cause unpredictable damages during your manual removal of Trojan:Win64/Sirefef.U virus, please spend some time on making a backup beforehand. Then follow these steps given as below:
1. Reboot your infected computer and keep pressing F8 key on your keyboard. Use the arrow keys to highlight “Safe Mode with Networking” and press E/Enter;
2. Open Control Panel from Start menu and go to Folder Options;
3. Under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) then click OK;
4. Press Windows+R keys to open the Run window and type regedit to open Registry Editor;
5. Find out and delete all these associating files as below:
%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\[random]
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe(Win64/Sirefef U)
6. Find out and remove all these associating registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\”Shell” = “[Win64/Sirefef.U].exe”
7. Restart the computer to normal mode when the above steps are done.
NOTE: If you don’t have much computer background knowledge and have failed to remove the Trojan:Win64/Sirefef.U virus by the above instructions, please contact YooCare Expert for a fast and professional removal.
Published by Vinson J.Porche on July 28, 2012 | How to Guides