Have you ever been annoyed by Win32/Ramnit.z virus? Do you have any idea of what it can do to your computer? How come your antivirus software cannot successfully delete it you’re your computer?
Win32/Ramnit.z is categorized as a nasty Trojan infection that shows on your computer and brings constant troubles. Hackers create this virus to sneak into your computer and then collect as much money as possible at the same time. To prevent you from suffering more losses, please try to get rid of it as soon as possible by manual works.
It is believed that Win32/Ramnit.z infection can be resulted from your careless online activities. You may wonder that why hasn’t your antivirus software stopped it from accessing your computer. It is because there isn’t a perfect antivirus program that can successfully deal with a newly released Trojan virus in such a short time. Besides, creators of this Trojan virus are well qualified with computer skills. They know well how computer and antivirus software work. Once the infection is done, it will secretly change the default settings of your computer so that it won’t be easily deleted. Then it has enough time to bring lots of pop ups, viruses, malware to damage your computer. It’s like the evil fountain and any kind of problems can show in your computer.
1. It can allow remote hosts to enter your computer and collect your valuable information to make illegal benefits;
2. More viruses and malware will be introduced without permission to further damage your computer;
3. There will be numerous pop ups to disturb you from using the computer;
4. It may redirect all your online activities to hacked websites that allow auto download of malicious malware;
5. Your computer will be acting slower then ever.
Win32/Ramnit.z virus needs to be removed manually. In case that any mistake might occur and cause unpredictable damages, please spend some time on making a backup beforehand. Then follow these steps given as below:
1. Reboot the infected computer and get into safe mode with networking. When you have pressed the restart button, please keep pressing F8 on your keyboard until a black screen with several commands appears. Then use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press E/ENTER;
2. Open Control Panel from Start menu and go to Folder Options;
3. Under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended);
4. Press Windows+R keys to open the Run window and type regedit to open Registry Editor;
5. Find out and delete all these associating files as below:
C:\Documents and Settings\admin\local settings\temp\random.exe
%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\[random]
6. Find out and remove all these associating registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\”Shell” = “[Win32/Ramnit.z].exe”
7. Restart the computer to normal mode when the above steps are done.
Note: If you don’t have much computer background knowledge and have failed to remove the Win32/Ramnit.z virus by the above instructions, please contact YooCare Expert for a fast and professional removal.
Published by Vinson J.Porche on July 18, 2012 | How to Guides